Google calendar constantly stops working as data source?

Hello, I am experimenting with using a Google Calendar as a data source.  At first, I attempted adding my "primary" calendar as a data source.  It worked fine for about 15 minutes, then I began to get an error and the app definition was no longer runnable.  I deleted the data source and attempted to re-add it, but Appsheet could no longer display an Google Calendar available data sources when I tried to add a new Calendar data set.  It was as if it had "lost permission" to access my calendars, even though I had granted that permission just a little while before.  I clicked to "add a new data source" and chose Google Calendar, granted permission again.  I created a new calendar called "prototype" and added it to Appsheet.  Again, everything was peachy for about 30 minutes, then the app failed again with the same error:

Patrick_Paul_0-1702582807874.png

And once again, it was like Appsheet had lost permission to access my calendars.  What could be the problem?  Is it possible my company's Google account administrator is somehow removing the access I'm granting?

Solved Solved
0 5 488
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Any chance you have logged in using other Google accounts with your browser and it's somehow messing with these auths. Try to close them all, signout from your AppSheet account, clear the cache and then login to your AppSheet account again and see if that helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I have contacted my IT infrastructure and Google Workspace admins about this, they have no idea why it's happening... They believe it to be a problem on Appsheet's end.  Any ideas?

Any chance you have logged in using other Google accounts with your browser and it's somehow messing with these auths. Try to close them all, signout from your AppSheet account, clear the cache and then login to your AppSheet account again and see if that helps.

The last time it tanked earlier today so I cleared all cookies/cached data and re-authed it again... So far it's stayed connected for over 2 hours so that's a record.  Hopefully it will stay that way.  I'll update next week.

It's possible that your company's Google account administrator could be implementing security measures that affect the access permissions. It's advisable to check with your IT department or Google Workspace administrator to ensure there are no restrictions on third-party applications accessing Google Calendar.

Additionally, you might want to review the permissions granted to AppSheet within your Google account settings. Make sure that the necessary permissions are still in place and have not been revoked.

If the issue persists, you may want to reach out to App Sheet's support for specific troubleshooting assistance, as they would have more insights into their platform's behavior and potential issues with Google Calendar integration.

Clearing cookies/cached data appears to have cured the problem.  My workspace admin verified that the permissions were not being revoked on the back-end, something on my machine was causing a malfunction, which is strange, but glad the cure was simple.

Top Labels in this Space