Google drive vs onedrive

Hi everyone!!! On business decisions, I should move all my apps from google drive to One drive. I’m trying to use an app that now runs on an online excel sheet in one drive.
Unfortunately, I immediately realized that synchronization is really slow, not so much when I add data but when I delete a table and then re-enter data about 40 rows and 10 columns.
I do this process every day.
Are there any solutions to speed up synchronization?
Thank you all

Solved Solved
0 8 971
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Google Sheet is an online service.
Microsoft Excel is syncronized with the cloud after changes are made.
Office 365 has this automatically, others don’t.

I use excel and I don’t have problems as long as I don’t open the excel while changes are being made to the DB from AppSheet.

You should be aware that the excel is a file that can be saved on any drive (remember, GSheet is fundamentally different) and the info that is saved inside the file depends on the cloud service, OneDrive for example.
So you have to wait for OneDrive to update your file (from the cloud and to the cloud).

In other words, don’t touch your excel. I just use mine as a datasource for PowerBI.
If you have to make changes to it, do it manually (not macros) and when nobody is using the app. Also make sure OneDrive updates the file to the cloud.

This may sound like a lot of mess. From my POV it’s just a best practice to leave my files alone and maximize all interactions from AppSheet, not Excel

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Can you elaborate what do you mean by “slow”
What are you doing?
From inside or outside your apps?

Thank you
In practice, in an excel file I have a data table of about 40 rows and 10 columns
I created a script, which at 01:00 am deletes this data for me to update by copy and paste the next day.
With google sheet as soon as I synchronized the APP that read the table immediately updated me the new data.
With excel onedrive When it updates in the morning The o app takes a long time to display the new data.

Why not Security Filters btw?

Changes to a Google Sheets spreadsheet are saved as you make them: as soon as a change is saved, it is available to AppSheet. With Excel, the changes you make to the spreadsheet are available to AppSheet only after you close the spreadsheet.

Google Sheet is an online service.
Microsoft Excel is syncronized with the cloud after changes are made.
Office 365 has this automatically, others don’t.

I use excel and I don’t have problems as long as I don’t open the excel while changes are being made to the DB from AppSheet.

You should be aware that the excel is a file that can be saved on any drive (remember, GSheet is fundamentally different) and the info that is saved inside the file depends on the cloud service, OneDrive for example.
So you have to wait for OneDrive to update your file (from the cloud and to the cloud).

In other words, don’t touch your excel. I just use mine as a datasource for PowerBI.
If you have to make changes to it, do it manually (not macros) and when nobody is using the app. Also make sure OneDrive updates the file to the cloud.

This may sound like a lot of mess. From my POV it’s just a best practice to leave my files alone and maximize all interactions from AppSheet, not Excel

When syncing is going on in the app is your excel file is also open in a new tab?

hello!!
the excel file is not open in another part.

thanks a lot!!

Top Labels in this Space