Google maps Aerial view in detail view

I have an App with Car Meetups.
There are basically two tabs, one with a list of meetings and one total Google Maps overview with all meetings.
I wanted to show the map in Aerial View always and that is working just fine.

But.....whenever a user goes into detail view, for instance by clicking a pin on the map, of by clicking an entry in the list, then the view is not Aerial but "Road" view.
Also, then clicking further to the next level, also "Road" view only.

Development of Car Meetups App 

How to I instruct the App to use "Aerial" view on every level please?

0 3 345
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

Well it might be that you have not created a map-view for that SLICE or TABLE and then it uses standard view (Road in your case). So you might have to create more map-views specified as Areal related to that detail view. Could that be it? 

Hm......yes that could be it.
I expected to be able to tweak the system generated views.
I'll try my own view.
Thanks.

I am trying to create the view that I need.
Since I am tonally new to appSheet, I have a lot of challenges to create what I need.
I am learning, but a long way from experience. I hope you will forgive me if I am asking stupid question.

In my app, I have a list of meetings.

RensD_0-1698163187843.png

First I show you the current behavior.....what I do not want.....and the what I DO want.

Unwanted behaviour

When I click one of the list items, I go into more detail.

RensD_1-1698163344903.png

There I click on the GPS coordinates and I go to this view.

RensD_2-1698163412932.png

First question would be: How can I make THIS view an Aerial view please?
Second.......on top of this view, I have the little black car icon.
When I click there, I get routing information by Google Maps.

What I do want?

When I click on an item in the total list, I want to get and Aerial  zoomed in location, and I want a 'Route' button to get direction. See the next (Photoshopped) image.

RensD_1-1698218137454.png

Yes.......I understand I have to make that myself.....but I have NO CLUE how to accomplish that,
Sorry if I ask so much, but please assist me on how to make this please.
For instance.....documentation to help me further would be great, and a template app would even be better please.

Top Labels in this Space