Google or tools

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

So i’m working on a routing problem for some time now, the common problem is the TSP travelling sales man problem which i got working with integromat an the google map api. However, what i realy need to solve is the Pick Up and Drop off problem to which google has their “or tools” in the link above for python and other languages.

I would realy like to have this with appsheet, anyone has an idea on this issue?
Would love to partner up with someone to reslove this.
Thanks

2 5 251
5 REPLIES 5

My partner @Bellave_Jayaram is highly experienced with Phyton and programming languages. May be he can show a path or would like to help.

Which delivery scenario are you trying to solve for?

a) UPS-like delivery (where the route starts at a unified location (home base), then from there you go out and either pick up or drop off based on a list of stops).

b) courier-like delivery (where the delivery person goes from one delivery to the next, but each one is handled one at a time: pick up item A, deliver item A to it’s destination, then proceed to pickup B, delivery B, then to C, deliver C, etc.).

?

Scenario b.
I have employees that i need to pick up each of them and drive each employee to his own work site.
The basic TSP is a route starting at A and ending in F: A-B-C-D-E-F and chosing the shortest route.
My problem is A-B , C-D, E-F

Gotcha. I don’t have anything built or ready made to provide this solution, but I have the process easy enough in my head.

I’ll go about creating a sample app (since this is such a common scenario); a solution can be had through the combination of:

• a slice
  • a pair of virtual and physical columns
  • some actions

3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

It’s linear programing problem. Right now im using a software to solve it. You have to use multiple drivers, each driver has a limit of 4 passengers in the car and so on.

Top Labels in this Space