Greetings, I have 2 Tables (Assets + Check O...

Greetings,

I have 2 Tables (Assets + Check Out).

Iโ€™ve looked at some examples in the Google+ community and I created a couple actions and a workflow where, when I add a new โ€œCheck Outโ€ item, It triggers an data change on the โ€œAssetsโ€ Table and sets the Availability column in it to False.

I have a Company Tag column that links the tables together, but iโ€™m not sure if my Referenced Rows Formula is correct because the value didnโ€™t change when I tested it.

SELECT(Assets[Company Tag], [Company Tag] = [_THISROW].[Company Tag])

Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance.

0 5 341
5 REPLIES 5

@Raymond_Hua

I tried your Data Change workflow rule and it worked perfectly.

I updated the โ€œCheck Outโ€ table record with key โ€œ041508800600โ€. When I did that the Change fired. It set field โ€œAvailabilityโ€ in table โ€œAssetsโ€ to โ€œfalseโ€.

I presume you must have made a change to fix the problem. At any rate, it is working now.

LOL when I first had it, the spreadsheet and app preview didnt reflect the action, so I was doubting myself.

I did make some UX changes after posting this question yesterdayโ€ฆ

idk self-healing code.

THANKS!

It broke again after i added a couple more views.I didnt change the formula nor actions. I had it trigger upon add and updates.

Can you take a look again?

@Raymond_Hua

Action โ€œCheck Out Point to Assetsโ€ refers to action โ€œPoint to Assets>Availability>Set Falseโ€. It appears that action โ€œPoint to Assets>Availability>Set Falseโ€ has been renamed to โ€œAvailability>Set Falseโ€ so the referenced action name could not be found.

If you update Action โ€œCheck Out Point to Assetsโ€ to refer to โ€œAvailability>Set Falseโ€ it should work again.

This uncovered an AppSheet error. We should have been validating the Composite action to ensure that the Referenced Action and Referenced Table were valid. I have added validation for this error.

If testing goes well this change will be released tomorrow afternoon Seattle time.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Ahhh I see! My fault, I was cleaning up some terminology and forgot to update the referenced actions.

It works again!

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space