Groub By a enumList row in a view

Hello!

I am trying to group a card type view using a enumList row, this row lists all the functions a certain employee can have. SO let's say a employee have the art and production functions. and another have the art function
Their value in the row wold be art, production and the other the value art
When they are grouped the result will be:

Art
Employee B
Art , Production
Employee A

But I wanted the result
Art
Employee A
Employee B
Production
Employee B

In other words... I want to create one group for each value inside the enumList and not the whole enumList. It's possible to do that?

0 3 451
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

In many-to-many relationships, direct two-table relation is not sufficient/efficient. You should establish a third table that has the only purpose of establishing this relationship. It would have only three columns:

Key, Employee Ref, Role Ref

Your desired view can be based on this table. 

I don't know if this would work as expected in appsheets.
I would need a register for each relationship and this register would need to be made by a bot.
Also, I would need to make two custom actions on this view (one that would add a new employee and one that would open the detail of the employee) and would need to make a lot of virtual columns to get the values from the employee row.
Unfortunately if this is the only solution I don't know if it's viable and maybe I will need to opt to not group by category

@draxdeveloper wrote:

I don't know if this would work as expected in appsheets.

Yes it will.

@draxdeveloper wrote:

I would need a register for each relationship and this register would need to be made by a bot.

Correct.

@draxdeveloper wrote:

Also, I would need to make two custom actions on this view (one that would add a new employee and one that would open the detail of the employee) and would need to make a lot of virtual columns to get the values from the employee row.

No you don't, and no you don't.

@draxdeveloper wrote:

Unfortunately if this is the only solution I don't know if it's viable and maybe I will need to opt to not group by category

It is more about establishing correct data modelling for many-to-many relationships, rather than anything else (including grouping in a view). Regardless of what behaviour you'd want your app to have, or what you'd do with your data, it is essential to correctly model your data.

Top Labels in this Space