Group Action: Copy and LINKTOFORM()

Hi,

I have two actions; one which is copying and editing the row and another which is going to another view in the app. I have grouped these two actions into one called ‘Copying Order’. This action is triggered when the user is clicking ‘Save’.

As it stands, the user completes the Order Form with an Order No e.g. 100-000, they click Save and this record is copied. The copy row appears in the same form but the Order No is an empty field- this is because the Order No is a key.

I thought that the second action in the group would work to auto fill the form with the same Order No but without the number proceeding the dash e.g. “-000”. I have read in the community about similar scenarios and wanted to know if there is a way of achieving what I want (copy the row created and the Order No split fills the new record field). Is this because I am using a key field or due to the save action instead of button actions?
I have included a snippet of the action I have to assign the Order No into the newly copied record field.

2X_c_ce644d7515f3ff56dde9b41ddbb90186d88da88d.png

Help is always appreciated thanks

Solved Solved
0 2 802
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sarah_Keown
I believe there is no need for a grouped action here. You can set a LINKTOFORM action with prominency set to “no display” and assign this action to your main form’s Form Saved propery where you can set each parameter to be copied to the new form:

LINKTOFORM(
	"Create New Order",
	"Order No.", INDEX(SPLIT([Order No.],"-"),1)&"-",
	"ColumnA", [ColumnA],
	"ColumnB", [ColumnB],
	"ColumnC", [ColumnC]
)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Sarah_Keown
I believe there is no need for a grouped action here. You can set a LINKTOFORM action with prominency set to “no display” and assign this action to your main form’s Form Saved propery where you can set each parameter to be copied to the new form:

LINKTOFORM(
	"Create New Order",
	"Order No.", INDEX(SPLIT([Order No.],"-"),1)&"-",
	"ColumnA", [ColumnA],
	"ColumnB", [ColumnB],
	"ColumnC", [ColumnC]
)

Thank you, this is good for copying the other columns but the assignment again is not happening with the Order No, is this because it is a key field?

Top Labels in this Space