Group UX by 2 columns

Hey guys,

I really hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance. 

I have a member table. All the members belong to an area group. Some members belong to 2 area groups. 

Table A

Id     Name     Group 1    Group 2

1        Anne       NY

2.       Jim         NY              CA

3        Ben        NY              CA

4.       Julie      CA

5.       Kris.        CA

I would like to create a UX view with a group by both column Group 1 & Group 2, but I would like to see them grouped by Group 1 & Group 2 with out nested grouping effect. Meaning, I would like to see Jim and Ben in both NY and CA groups (as if the UX is just grouped by one column) without nested (tier) grouping. (Hope this makes sense)

Is this possible?

Please help.

Thank you

Dan.

0 2 91
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

I don't think this is really possible. You could use an EnumList so that you have only one column with the ability to select multiple values, but even then if you group based on that column Jim and Ben would be in a group called NY,CA (assuming , is used as a separator).

Thinking about it, if this were possible then you would end up with more rows in your view than there are actually records in the table. I don't think that would make sense when it comes to things like totals.

I think the 'easiest' way is to create a Membership table with two cols - member and group (and a VC of the two cols concatenated to act as the key to avoid any duplicates )

then you can create a view like this

TeeSee1_0-1643956279679.png

you can also maintain membership from you member view

TeeSee1_1-1643956443680.png

Top Labels in this Space