Grouped actions can't open multiple websites

I am trying to create a grouped action button that will open 3 websites as new tabs. To test this, I created 2 actions:

1. "Google" this action executes External: Go To A Website "https://www.google.com"

2. "Yahoo" this action executes External: Go To A Website "https://www.yahoo.com"

3. "Sequence" this action executes Grouped: execute a sequence of actions;

- yahoo

- google

I have tried setting the "launch external browser" toggle both on & off with no effect. Only 1 tab (the first) ever opens. Can appsheet just not open multiple browser tabs?

Solved Solved
1 5 244
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A navigation action is the one used to navigate away from the current view, to open a website, to open a file, or to go to another app view. You can use a navigation action within a grouped action providing that it is the last action in the ordered list; because inside the grouped action, when the navigation action is reached, the subsequent actions in the group will not be launched. 

try replacing the group actions with a single action that acts on several rows in a table

This is only a suggested alternative for the purpose of opening multiple websites. Grouped actions function correctly with no issue other than taking into account the consideration above when you have a navigation action in the group. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Navigation actions inside a group, will stop the execution of latter actions. Since you don't care about the order in which the taps would open, try replacing the group actions with a single action that acts on several rows in a table. 

So triggering a website open action will kill the execution, meaning I can only open one website per button click, and a grouped action is no help to me?

when you say " try replacing the group actions with a single action that acts on several rows in a table. " are you suggestion I can open websites utilizing this? or just telling me the proper way to use a grouped action button?

A navigation action is the one used to navigate away from the current view, to open a website, to open a file, or to go to another app view. You can use a navigation action within a grouped action providing that it is the last action in the ordered list; because inside the grouped action, when the navigation action is reached, the subsequent actions in the group will not be launched. 

try replacing the group actions with a single action that acts on several rows in a table

This is only a suggested alternative for the purpose of opening multiple websites. Grouped actions function correctly with no issue other than taking into account the consideration above when you have a navigation action in the group. 

Same problem, I have a  single action that acts on several rows in a table and only allow me open the first one website.

Apparently this is expected. A 'Navigation' action (like opening a website) cancels all subsequent links in the chain. Your only option is to make that the last part of the action, or not include it in the action at all

Top Labels in this Space