Grouped actions, delay a certain action from happening

Hi all,

So i have set a "grouped action" to trigger a few actions, it creates another row in another table, the thing is, that other row is a child from a parents table,

Now I want that when my action is triggered, my row in my other child table is created, but I also want the parent to be updated with the new values. I've implemented the quick update system from @MultiTech https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Quick-Update-System-How-to-update-records-in-you... to do just that.

However it seems that since "Action" happen almost instantly, the parent doesn't have time to check the new values, and updates properly as an action, but the values are not updated.

I've "Fixed" this using a bot that watches a child being created and updates values in the parent table, but the problem is that a bot is an online thing, and I want most of my app to be accessible and fully workable offline.

Is there a way to trigger a "Wait" condition on a set of grouped actions?

thanks !

1 2 90
2 REPLIES 2

No, there is no wait step available for grouped actions. But you shouldn't be having the difficulty that you're describing, something must be...off. How are you updating the parent values?

wow.. well I guess I wasted your time, I just went back to re-test it, and well it is working offline wthout the bot. 

I was updating the parent using a collumn "Recalculate" then adding +1 to it. just like MV said!

I must have been really tired last night, sorry it's all good !

Top Labels in this Space