Grouped actions triggers only the first one

I have two grouped type actions that are very simple. The first is a remove button to delete information from multiple tables. The second one does the same thing as the first one, but then takes the user to another view within the app.

The first one executes normally, but the second one, which is literally the same thing with just one more action, only executes the first action.

As I understand it, I canโ€™t create grouped actions that contain grouped actions, so the second one is just a copy of the first one with the extra action.

To understand it better, Iโ€™m just recreating the delete and edit buttons, where the delete button deletes a lot of information at once and the edit deletes everything and goes to another app view.

The order for the edit button is:
delete table 1
delete table 2
delete table 3
delete table 4
Action go to another view - LINKTOVIEW(โ€œViewโ€)

Solved Solved
0 10 694
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Instead of deleting table 4 before you change view in your sequence, write a trigger value to one of the cells instead and then change view.

Make a bot to watch for updates on that table and add the condition to look for your trigger value.

Then use a task to delete that row with the bot.

Thatโ€™s the only way to do this at the moment as your delete action deletes the rest of your grouped actions sequenceโ€ฆ

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Probably DELETE TABLE2 action needs some data already deleted in DELETE TABLE1 action

I do not think so. All delete actions use a table 4 reference, so I delete data from that table last. The other tables are unrelated, so they can have data deleted at any time. Thanks, I will review anyway.

Thank you very much. It makes a lot of sense, Iโ€™ll try to do it another way: feeding a table with rows to remove, whenever a new row is inserted in it, goes to the relevant table and deletes the data. I just didnโ€™t understand why it works normally in the group of actions that just remove, it doesnโ€™t stop at the first action.

I tried some workarounds but none worked the way I need. If someone has any tip, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Instead of deleting table 4 before you change view in your sequence, write a trigger value to one of the cells instead and then change view.

Make a bot to watch for updates on that table and add the condition to look for your trigger value.

Then use a task to delete that row with the bot.

Thatโ€™s the only way to do this at the moment as your delete action deletes the rest of your grouped actions sequenceโ€ฆ

Thanks Scott, can you give some directions on how to that, please? Should be simple, but I canโ€™t get it right. I add a new column that I put true if it needs to be deleted, then in automation section I create a bot with process stepโ€ฆ?

Just using my other account to reply.

In the red highlighted sections, choose your table and choose your own field and condition.

Then, simply configure the task as below

Hope that helps!

Great, Scott! It worked.
(pun intended, but really, thank you!)

Hehe, thatโ€™s great! Glad to help and good luck with spotting those little logical errors from grouped actions in future

Top Labels in this Space