HELP: Bot Automation did not get records properly

Context:
- I'm making a booking app for my clients. 

Database:

- I have a booking database with move-in and move-out datetime

Bot:
- It triggers daily at 12 am (GMT +8:00). And it pulls in all bookings with DATE([move-in datetime]) = TODAY()

Problem:
- So my users recorded a new booking on March 7 9:50pm. that has a move-in date March 8 2:00pm.
- But when the bot ran, it ran for some bookings but for the booking that was created Mach 7 9:50pm, it wasn't included
- When checking the appsheet monitoring logs, the bot was triggered March 7 16:00. - So not sure if this is GMT 0:00. or this is also based on my timezone... Cause if it is in my timezone, then maybe that's the problem. But if not, I'm not sure why it wasn't included. 

0 5 62
5 REPLIES 5

Timestamps that are not related to your data, in the Automation monitor, Audit history or Performance analyzer are always shown as UTC+0.

I see, but do you know why for the booking that was created Mach 7 9:50pm, it wasn't included in the bot run?

Yes your record was created Mar 7 9:50pm UTC+8, but the move-in date was March 8 2:00pm UTC+8. DATE(March 8 2pm) is March 8, but the Bot was triggered at March 7 4:00pm UTC+0 so your evaluation DATE(March 8 2pm) = March 7 was FALSE for that record. Please remember the TODAY() was evaluated on the server  side when the Bot was triggered.

But my bot is set to run at 12 am and specifically set GMT +8:00. So 12am here and also my app's locale and time zone is set to GMT +8:00. Then isn't TODAY() supposed to calculate according to the timezone I've set?

Because the scheduled Bot is triggered from the server side (not from your device), it reads the value for the TODAY() also from the server.

Top Labels in this Space