HIDE FIRST ROW IF TABLE

Here's the scenario, I wish to have my table an excel type view, meaning you can alter the row straight from the table, but for it to happen, the table should have at least one line(I have hidden the add button, and created a behavior that inserts another line which is attached to a column named action on the table) I have already achieved this but I wish to have the first row or the default row to be hidden if the user has inserted another line.

Here's my filter:

if(isblank([requestor]=lookup(useremail(),usertable,email,EmployeeID)),[requestor]="DEFAULT",[requestor]=lookup(useremail(),usertable,email,EmployeeID))

if the table has rows with column that is equal to the id of the requestor, the row with the column value "DEFAULT", must be hidden and show only the rows equals to the id of the requestor, otherwise it will show the row equals to "DEFAULT".

Sadly it won't function as I wanted it to be. my question is:

1. is the ISBLANK function already filtering the list while inside the IF Condition?

2. is there a way to do this?

Solved Solved
0 2 217
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One way to do this is in you slice filter, set the following expression (modify to fit your exact col definition)

IF(ISBLANK(FILTER("your table",[requester] = USEREMAIL())), 
 [requester] = "DEFAULT",
 [requester] = USEREMAIL()
)

Your Quick Edit enabled table view should be based on this slice if you have not done so already.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

One way to do this is in you slice filter, set the following expression (modify to fit your exact col definition)

IF(ISBLANK(FILTER("your table",[requester] = USEREMAIL())), 
 [requester] = "DEFAULT",
 [requester] = USEREMAIL()
)

Your Quick Edit enabled table view should be based on this slice if you have not done so already.

Thanks for this, it worked. I just have to use it on slice.

Top Labels in this Space