HOW TO SYNCHRONIZE NEW RECORDS AND IMMEDIATELY SHOW IT TO THE USER?

HOW TO SYNCHRONIZE NEW RECORDS AND IMMEDIATELY SHOW IT TO THE USER?

I'M TRYING TO MAKE A PANEL THAT SHOWS NEW RECORDS AND RECORD UPDATES

CAN I AT LEAST CREATE SOME KIND OF ALERT?

0 7 245
7 REPLIES 7

@Willjotaeri wrote:

CAN I AT LEAST CREATE SOME KIND OF ALERT?

Maybe not very appropriate for your requirement, but you may want to consider notifications on mobile devices. You can also configure those notifications to take the user to the desired view in the app.

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11513089?hl=en

Do  you want to show the user a log of all changes? Or just the most up-to-date information?
If just the most up-to-date information simply create a second view of the data which is read only and in the ui once updates are saved redirect to the new read only view after form submission, edit is made.

If you want to log all changes and updates, you will need submission id's and bot automations to copy the data from one sheet to another with time stamps too.

A little more clarity on what exactly you're after might help.

@Willjotaeri wrote:

NEW RECORDS AND RECORD UPDATES

You should clarify whether the data changes you want to display to a user are coming from that same user and/or other users.

I want to not need to hit the sync button to show me new records.

Example: There will be two people using the same application open to everyone. One person will have the application open, waiting for a new record to arrive. The other will save the new record, but the first person should see it without pressing the sync button.

To make it clearer, imagine a google form, the record always goes to a spreadsheet. Whoever has the worksheet open sees the new record immediately without having to press it.

@Willjotaeri wrote:

Whoever has the worksheet open sees the new record immediately

That's not how AppSheet works.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar wrote:

consider notifications

Send a notification from an automation - AppSheet Help 

I had thought your requirement as what you described in your second post and as @dbaum mentioned, it is not possible in AppSheet.

That is why suggested using "notifications".  

To further what @Suvrutt_Gurjar & @dbaum  have said please find the sync settings for appsheet, there is no ability to adjust the auto update to any faster than every 30 minutes, you will need to hit sync if you would like to update any more frequent.

Find this in BEHAVIOUR>>OFFLINE/SYNC

Screen Shot 2022-12-12 at 6.21.04 PM.png

I would also suggest disabling the delayed sync (as long as all app users have a constant internet connection, otherwise keep this enabled.)

Top Labels in this Space