Hard to navigate the app in an iframe on mobile making it impossible to be useful / please try it

I have an app set up for gaining leads to my business, it's basically a form but it also calculates a result to give the customer a price.

So I need this to be on my website, and open to all, ie no log in. It is to use as a one off inout by each new customer, hence it is not an app which people would download to use. For this reason I have it as an open app  hosted in an iframe.

Most enquiries come from mobile devices but there a multiple issues with people being able to scroll up and down the form, because if you move your finger up and down the form it moves, but doesn't move all the way up. So you need to put your finger just off to the side of the app to touch the webpage and move that. But most people wouldn't know and would take the time to figure it out. They will just give up. My enquiry numbers have dropped through the floor.

Any advice on doing this better is welcome.

The live website is www.northwestguttercleaning.com/get-estimate.html

Obviously you can only recreate this by using a touch screen mobile.

4 REPLIES 4

Opening links is not the wisest thing to do.
Please share us a screenshot or the code you are currently using to iframe the app inside the proper tag.

<p>Like this</p>

If you don't, I'll have to report you as spam

I don't understand what you mean. 

Also. The only way to demonstrate the problem is for a user to try it on the live site. 

People don't have to click it. 

And I am clearly not Spam. I've contributed loads to this forum. 

In any case I've not lw disabled the ifrane because I didn't get any replies to help. 

But it's still worth people knowing, especially for shine so fine a solution. Or if the creators know about the issue. 

I tried to open your link in a secure window but couldn't, so I though it was spam.

In any case, your use case is a little bit over the expected use case for an AppSheet app.
There aren't many things you could do for a mobile browser not scrolling, unless you could prevent them from scrolling the iframe

Thanks for letting me know. 

At some point I'll get rid of the link because I've changed how it works for now because I couldn't work around it. 

Thanks again

Top Labels in this Space