Hello, I am recording patients contact in th...

Hello,

I am recording patients contact in the app. I would like to gather as much info as possible but: - I am arranging the columns of the google sheet according to the order of the questions/information i want in the app - but i would like to set the rules to have a particular questions/info disappearing in case the camp is blank. For example:

if i fill telephone 1, i would like to have the option to add a telephone 2, once telephone 2 is added, i would like to have the option to add a telephone 3 and so on.

In case i don’ t have a telephone 4 to add to the patient - how can i make it disappearing from the information of the patient? (as per the picture?) At the moment, i am using the following formula: on Telephone 4 i have: SHOW IF:=ISNOTBLANK([Telephone 3]) By doing that though, once I go inside the patient info, I have a blank space for Telephone 4, would it be possible to take it out with any formula?

Thanks so much

0 5 320
5 REPLIES 5

Check the initial value in that column… if it has a space it will show that field. If the field is totally blank, it won’t show it on the detail view.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks Aleksi. Probably I was not very clear, sorry for this. In my app, i have some columns that are related for example: the option telephone 4 will come up only if telephone 3 is filled up. (ie. For telephone 4 i have : SHOW IF:=ISNOTBLANK([Telephone 3])) In case i don’t have the info to add on telephone 4, i leave the space blank but this will still be shown once you enter in the details of the patients. What do you advice? thanks for your time!

If you don’t type anything for that field and you have nothing in your initial value, that field should not see that on detail view. I asked about this initial value field if you something there which would explain this situation… for example space could do that.

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks again for your message, I truly appreciate your help. Unfortunately although the original data is blank and the field in the app is also blank as well. it still appears. probably because I use the SHOW IF? but if i take out SHOWIF which other formula should i use to make the possibility to add telephone 4 if i insert telephone 3? Thanks so so much in advance for your time

Check your option “Apply show-if constraints universally”. It’s probably ON. Try to change it to OFF and see what happens.

Top Labels in this Space