Hello, I am working on AppSheet for the firs...

Hello,

I am working on AppSheet for the first time. Iโ€™d like to develop an app for my school to help lend books to students.

The books would be provided with a serial number, from which the book title can be derived. For example, all geography books would have โ€œ001โ€ at the beginning and depending on the book then another number code or all English books would start with โ€œ002โ€.

It would then be possible for a student to get a book, to enter or scan the code, and then to give an overview of which books a student has borrowed.

I have created a workbook with the three tables โ€œPupilsโ€, โ€œBooksโ€, โ€œLoaningโ€. โ€œStudentโ€ contains the studentsโ€™ first and last names and their class. โ€œBooksโ€ contains the sequential number and the book title. โ€œLoanโ€ the date of the loan, the name of the student and the book title.

How does it go from here? : D

Thank you for all the tips!

0 4 412
4 REPLIES 4

You could use related table structure where the book would be the parent and loan as a child for the book and student as a child for the loan.

With this structure you could see who and when the book is loaned.

Hi check this out https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/702142 Syed Faheemuddin - portfolio of mobile apps created with AppSheet appsheet.com

@Sdfaheemuddin Thanks a lot!

@Sdfaheemuddin Hi! Can you tell me how to rename columns and / tables without loosing the relationships?

Top Labels in this Space