Hello, I have 2 problems that I can't figure ...

Hello, I have 2 problems that I canโ€™t figure out and would appreciate any help

#1: I have a column [Checked out by] and it has app formula =ifs([Status]=โ€œIn workโ€, useremail() ) so it stores who has checked out the item.

Then thereโ€™s another column [Installed by] with similar formula =ifs([Status]=โ€œInstalledโ€, useremail())

When status changes to Installed, it deletes the useremail from [Checked out by]. Why it does that?

#2: Thereโ€™s changeTimestamp column for for Status โ€œIn workโ€, and another column for โ€œInstalledโ€, they work fine.

Changing the status to โ€œIn workโ€ also changes status in parent table to โ€œStartedโ€ with changeTimestamp, no problem yet. โ€œInstalledโ€ changes from โ€œStartedโ€ to โ€œFinishedโ€, but now the changeTimestamp is -3 hours from correct time!!?

0 6 338
6 REPLIES 6

#1 - You are probably using app formula for your [Checked out by] column. When you open that record, it will recalculate that value and when the result is FALSE, it will write blank value.

#2 - Have you checked that your timezone is correct in both places (app and spreadsheet)?

@Aleksi_Alkio #1 - I thought IFS function executes only the first TRUE it finds, otherwise it does nothing?

#2 - Time zones should be ok, one column shows correct stamp and next column on same table shows wrong. Status change for correct Stamp is done with few Actions in a row, wrongly stamped status change has Action-Workflow-Action type of thing, could it be that?

With the IFS nothing means blank value and thatโ€™s why itโ€™s removing the value.

Workflows are using UTC+0 where your timezone is probably UTC+3.

ok thanks, so how to get the useremail to stay in that column? and sync the 3h difference?

#1 - You should create an event action with the condition rule and then write the USEREMAIL() for your column.

Top Labels in this Space