Hello, I have a field that asks when an event...

Hello, I have a field that asks when an event happened, but since it is based on the userโ€™s memory, I made it a Text column so they can write โ€˜relativeโ€™ dates like โ€œ6 months agoโ€. This is so the values will be recorded and displayed โ€˜as-isโ€™.

However, some of them entered actual dates to the format โ€œmm/dd/yyyyโ€ which made AppSheet display the values as code equivalents (like 1/4/2014 is being displayed as 14610 or something); is there a way to stop this from happening?

P.S. The values stored are still correct - the display is whatโ€™s behaving erratically here. Itโ€™s making it hard for the users to check their own data.

0 5 322
5 REPLIES 5

Maybe go into the spreadsheet itself, and check that the column in the spreadsheet is formatted as Textโ€“it could be the spreadsheet doing this to you. (?)

Thank you for your reply. No, the data recorded in the spreadsheet is correct. In the example above, itโ€™s โ€œ1/4/2014โ€ in the spreadsheet. Itโ€™s AppSheet thatโ€™s converting this into a date code.

Apologies. I did not understand at first what you were trying to say. I thought you wanted me to check if the spreadsheet was recording date codes.

You were right - when I converted the data type from automatic to โ€œplain textโ€, the display in AppSheet worked.

Thank you!

Awesome! I have battled similar things in my apps.

Thank you again!

Top Labels in this Space