Hello, I have developed a POS app for my wif...

Hello,

I have developed a POS app for my wifeโ€™s flower shop and I want it to control the open and close of a cash drawer.

I see that it is possible to wire a receipt printer to a cash drawer and control the open and close of the cash drawer through commands issued to the printer.

I see that it is possible to send print commands to a bluetooth reciept printer via Appsheet.

Has anybody got a way to send commands to a cash drawer from a device connected by bluetooth to a receipt printer wired to the cash drawer?

What hardware and software might work well to make this happen with appsheet?

Cheers,

David.

0 4 1,011
4 REPLIES 4

In general, to open a standalone till drawer, it doesnโ€™t matter what you โ€œprintโ€.

โ€œXโ€ will suffice.

However, it sounds as though youโ€™re looking at something where the till drawer is somehow daisy-chained via a printer (or is part of the printer itself) rather than a separate device, so youโ€™d need to investigate how that manufacturerโ€™s hardware and software implements what youโ€™re trying to do.

Hey Julie, I did not know you could us a print command to open a stand-alone till drawer, that sounds great! How do you connect to your till drawer from your device running appsheet, and what harware is working for you? Cheers, David.

Weโ€™re not using appsheet at all, Iโ€™m afraid. We have a proprietary system that runs on Windows. The till is configured as a text printer, and to open it, it just writes text to the printer port.

(I also wrote a little .bat file to open it manually.)

The till drawers themselves were supplied by a previous software supplier, before my time. They have an RS232 connection, so as weโ€™ve updated computers, weโ€™ve added a USB to RS232 convertor.

So Iโ€™m sorry I canโ€™t help you from the appsheet perspective, but hopefully thatโ€™s open up some other options for you in general @David_Ackling-Jones

Adding @Gil_Littman_AppSheet FYI for this scenario

Top Labels in this Space