Hello Message on App Homepage

Hi everyone,

Would it be possible to display a logged in user and welcome message in appsheet on a homepage

• (e.g. Hello, John Doe)

The name should change as per logged in user.

Please see attached image for reference, look forward to your feedback.

Regards

3X_4_d_4dbdacdb5c707566aa2b3e5f131f27e7f67c3d6b.jpeg

![images (10)|640x480]
(upload://1YH7rdYBDoQBc3dnY7eX8xBTzln.jpeg)

0 8 374
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @katlego_lionel !

You should move this to the Questions category to get more eyes on it.

To answer your questionโ€ฆyou may want to take a look at the Onboarding view. I think it can do what you are asking.

Hi, thanks Willow.

Iโ€™ll do that.

Hi @katlego_lionel

You can use the Dashboard view to create something similar, I created it like this.

Hey Alex, this look really coolโ€ฆI will try it this way too.

Does it display a welcome message? Canโ€™t make out what those words are, not sure which language it is

Thanks again.

Thank you @katlego_lionel, itโ€™s Spanish

In the first section, depending on the time, it shows a welcome message (good morning, good afternoon, good night).

The second section is for notifications, it only appears when I send a message to some user.

And the third section is the options for entering information.

Wow, thatโ€™s greatโ€ฆI like the functionality. It really is a great app.

Thank you for your time Alex,

Best regards

Hey @katlego_lionel, welcome to the community.

First: you might check out the following post, itโ€™s full of tons of helpful tips to help you get stared with using the community to find answers.

To answer your question

• In order to get a more personalized view like what youโ€™re showing in your example, youโ€™ll have to get fancy with things, but yes this is totally possible.

This might help get you moving in the right direction

Hi, thanks for your reply MV.

Iโ€™ve seen a few of your videos on your YouTube channel, especially that Public App (with private data). I saw you were able to create a profile and display user name in ux view, Iโ€™m also trying to achieve something similar.

Iโ€™d like to be able to create a profile as well and have the user name displayed.

I got a bit confused with the all those expressions.

ยฒ

Top Labels in this Space