Hello Message on App Homepage

Hi everyone,

Would it be possible to display a logged in user and welcome message in appsheet on a homepage

• (e.g. Hello, John Doe)

The name should change as per logged in user.

Please see attached image for reference, look forward to your feedback.

Regards

3X_4_d_4dbdacdb5c707566aa2b3e5f131f27e7f67c3d6b.jpeg

![images (10)|640x480]
(upload://1YH7rdYBDoQBc3dnY7eX8xBTzln.jpeg)

0 8 367
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @katlego_lionel !

You should move this to the Questions category to get more eyes on it.

To answer your question…you may want to take a look at the Onboarding view. I think it can do what you are asking.

Hi, thanks Willow.

I’ll do that.

Hi @katlego_lionel

You can use the Dashboard view to create something similar, I created it like this.

Hey Alex, this look really cool…I will try it this way too.

Does it display a welcome message? Can’t make out what those words are, not sure which language it is

Thanks again.

Thank you @katlego_lionel, it’s Spanish

In the first section, depending on the time, it shows a welcome message (good morning, good afternoon, good night).

The second section is for notifications, it only appears when I send a message to some user.

And the third section is the options for entering information.

Wow, that’s great…I like the functionality. It really is a great app.

Thank you for your time Alex,

Best regards

Hey @katlego_lionel, welcome to the community.

First: you might check out the following post, it’s full of tons of helpful tips to help you get stared with using the community to find answers.

To answer your question

• In order to get a more personalized view like what you’re showing in your example, you’ll have to get fancy with things, but yes this is totally possible.

This might help get you moving in the right direction

Hi, thanks for your reply MV.

I’ve seen a few of your videos on your YouTube channel, especially that Public App (with private data). I saw you were able to create a profile and display user name in ux view, I’m also trying to achieve something similar.

I’d like to be able to create a profile as well and have the user name displayed.

I got a bit confused with the all those expressions.

²

Top Labels in this Space