Help - AppSheet Database Import Removing Leading Zero's

I have data in a google sheet that is formatted as plain text but for some reason when I import to Appsheet Database it keeps removing leading zeros.

Ive tried to add row 2 with placeholder text so it doesn't transform the numbers, but it keeps converting the column to a decimal type during import even with that.

Is this a bug? Any ideas how to combat this?

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 5.49.31โ€ฏPM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-03 at 5.46.18โ€ฏPM.png

Solved Solved
0 4 92
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just did a trial, and it looks like you could maybe do one of the following:

1. Change the column name from CMS Certification Number to CMS Certification Text
    • This imported correctly for me, since AppSheet doesn't guess it is a number column
  2. After import, change the column type to Text, and then copy and paste values only your spreadsheet data in the row 
    • This corrected the values upon refresh
  3. Add a letter to the beginning of each value before import, and then remove them afterwards
    • This maintained the Text type format in my test

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Is your [CMS Certification Number] column set to Text in Appsheet, or is the column type set to  Number?

When importing the column type is set to decimal automatically. When changing to text, it doesn't revert the values to their original state. 

I just did a trial, and it looks like you could maybe do one of the following:

1. Change the column name from CMS Certification Number to CMS Certification Text
    • This imported correctly for me, since AppSheet doesn't guess it is a number column
  2. After import, change the column type to Text, and then copy and paste values only your spreadsheet data in the row 
    • This corrected the values upon refresh
  3. Add a letter to the beginning of each value before import, and then remove them afterwards
    • This maintained the Text type format in my test

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space