Help - Beginner wants to build a dashboard

Hi,

I recently discovered AppSheet a few days ago and have been trying my best to learn how to build a Dashboard app, but as the days go buy I feel as though I am getting absolutely nowhere.  Honestly, I feel like I am in a worst position than when I originally got started. 

I have watched tons of " beginner " friendly tutorials, but they all seem to have one thing in common and that is they are not really beginner friendly.  The content creators often speed through everything and don't spend enough time providing proper guidance like how to navigate AppSheet's UI, why you data won't display in certain views versus other, what expressions are and how to correctly write them.  So, with that said, I am here to ask the community for help.  Please!

Using a sample of my data below as a reference, I would like to make 2 unique dropdown lists based on the data from column A and column C.  Focusing on column A for now, If no selection is made from that dropdown list then I want all the items from column B to be listed in a table.  However, if a selection is made then only the items related to column A's selection should be listed in the table.  Already it seems like my unique list from column A might need at least one blank row.  Is that correct?  It's little nuances like this a lot of tutorials leave out or don't even cover. 

Anyway, a gentle reminder that I am a beginner so it's possible that I don't have my data table setup correctly so please don't hesitate to inform me if anything needs to change.  I have many other questions I would like to ask, but for now I think this is enough to really help me get started and hopefully jump start things for me.  

rgrantz123_0-1685990996331.png

Solved Solved
0 2 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Habe mit den Multitechs-Videos am meistens gelernt, da dort alles genauestens erklรคrt wird.

Siehe ein Video รผber Dashboards: Basis von App Sheets - Dashboards  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Habe mit den Multitechs-Videos am meistens gelernt, da dort alles genauestens erklรคrt wird.

Siehe ein Video รผber Dashboards: Basis von App Sheets - Dashboards  

Thank you!  This was very helpful.

Top Labels in this Space