[Help] Send Email - Automation

Mjonas

Hello,

In my app I have a form where the users writes down their daily journey.

For example, if they visit one client, after they leave that client they fill the information of the form, and If they save the form Iโ€™ll get an email. This is working fine, but what I really want is that instead of getting an email for all the changes they made during the day, I would like to get that email with all information writing down only at the end of the day.

Iโ€™ve tried to do a condition Wait, but if not working as I wish. Is there any way of doing it?

Thanks.

0 12 168
12 REPLIES 12

You could evaluate creating a daily schedule bot for all working days that fires after typical work time of the users is over. So if the daily work day finishes at say 5 PM, you could schedule the bot to run at say 7 PM daily to collate all the information for the day and send the scheduled BOT.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. But as I understand, Scheduled events only run when the app is deployed. And my app is not deployed yet.

Is possible doing this in a different way?

Oh okay.

You could still get the report at the end of the day by tapping on a" create report" button.

The data can be collated by using START expressions.

So essentially, instead of triggering a report on every record added, collate all those records using START expressions used in report templates and manually invoke that report at the end of the day.

How can I create button? Is in the actions?

I already have a START expressions, I need to configure it or leave it as it is. My expressions is like this: <<Start: [Related Detail Daily Report]>><<[Client Name]>>.

And how that โ€œcreate reportโ€ button can be only visible to the Admin of the app?

Thanks

Yes, please take a look at the sample app below.

The below article is dated as workflows are replaced by automation. However, the principle to send an email with a button remains the same.

Please take a look at the section**" Sending Email from an Action Button"**

In the action condition, please have an expression something like
[Email]=admin@email.com

Mjonas

Hello,

Iโ€™ve just tested now the tips that you gave me, and itโ€™s working fine the โ€œbuttonโ€.

But Iโ€™m having and issue. My app is based on people roles, where Iโ€™m the only Admin of the app. What is happen is if one user create a new report, that report is assign to that specific user (USERMAIL).

But to send the report using the action button (this button is only shown to the Admin), when I get the email with a custom body template, where it should display the user name that create the report, it display the name of the Admin email.

What is possible to do in this situation?

Thanks.

Could you elaborate what you mean by this?

Please elaborate this as well.

Hello,

Iโ€™ll try to explain it better. I have a form where the user writes down their activity during the day. For me to know which user fill the form, in the body template of the email I have use the following parameter <<[Comercial]>> (Comercial = name of the user).

As the action button to trigger the email to be sent is only shown to the โ€œAdminโ€, when I log the app as the Admin, when I click the button, the app assumes that was me that fill the form.

It was clear now? Sorry for my english, Iโ€™m from Portugal.

Thank you. No problem about English. Please take it easy. Many of us have different first languages.

However, I am still not sure, why the app should pick up your name in the template report if <<[Comercial]>> field has the name of the user who filled in the form. Could you mention what is the formula for this field in the column settings?

In the column settings I have the following formula: LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),โ€œUsuรกriosโ€,โ€œEmail Usuรกrioโ€,โ€œNome do Usuรกrioโ€). Where the column โ€œUsuรกriosโ€ is the table where I have the list of the users; โ€œEmail Usuรกrioโ€ is the user email; โ€œNome do Usuรกrioโ€ is the name of user.

Okay, got it.

Is it possible to shift this formula to the โ€œInitial Valueโ€ setting of the column? Also please set Editable_if as FALSE for that column. This will ensure that the username is captured during only initial form filling.

Thank you, it worked very well.

Iโ€™ll run more tests to see if everything is working properly. Thank you once again.

Top Labels in this Space