Help automating repetitive tasks

Hi all!  

I am creating an income and expense app for my business, and am currently working on trying to automate adding credit processing fees onto my clients invoices using a bot to add a row onto another table that tracks fees.  I created the action to add a row, and that works fine, but when I create a bot to do it, when it first fires, it adds copies, instead of one.  Any ideas on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

Two tables in this example are Tasks and TaskFees.

Tasks generates the CC fee amounts based on a variety of factors.  I then simply plop that info into a new row.  Again, the action works on its own.

My automation is:

Event:  Data Change, updates only,  on the Tasks table, with a condition of [Progress] =  "Completed"  (ie When a Task is Completed)

Process:  

1.  Check using branch conditional  if a) this is a Square transaction, and b) I want to charge client CC fees

AND(
    [PaymentSrc] = "Square",
    [ChargeCCFees?] ="True")

2. If Yes, check using another branch conditional if the CC Fee was already added by checking a toggle enum column that is initialized with "No" value

[ClientCCFeeAdd] = "No"

3.  If true, it runs an action that Adds a New Row to Task Fees

4. Then it changes value of ClientCCFeeAdd to Yes, in order to stop future additions.

As mentioned above, when I add a new task, and I click the Complete button, it adds two copies of the CC Fee. If I delete one of the files and cause the table to update, it will not add a second one again.  If I delete both, it will only add one when I update the table.  

Any ideas?  I am sort of a newbie on this, so any advice is welcome, including any help on structuring the bot to be better for this kind of situation.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 2 106
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your Bot runs an a Data Change.  When the initial update is made that kicks off the Bot, could it be that there are 2 data changes happening causing the Bot to run twice?  You should be able to see this in the app by the Edit Indicator shown on the Sync Button.  When you make the change that activate the Bot are there more than 1 Edits showing?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Your Bot runs an a Data Change.  When the initial update is made that kicks off the Bot, could it be that there are 2 data changes happening causing the Bot to run twice?  You should be able to see this in the app by the Edit Indicator shown on the Sync Button.  When you make the change that activate the Bot are there more than 1 Edits showing?

You were right!  I had an enum for the different processing rates that was causing the bot to fire twice on the initial run.  Once I added that enum to the bots' conditional, it would fire correctly.  Thanks for the help!

Top Labels in this Space