Help creating Special Education Tracking App

Good morning!

I've been trying for weeks to make an Appsheet app work like I want it to, but I'm struggling up against what I know I don't know. Here's the shortest summary I can give:

• I have Teachers with Students, and each Student has multiple Accommodations that require daily monitoring (as in the Teachers mark if they did or did not use that Accommodation every day)
  • The Accommodations are the same every day, but they are subject to change. 
  • Students are taught by multiple Teachers

So far, I've tried a various combination of Task-Trackers, one very close example from the AppSheetTraining people, and trying to figure out the Many-to-Many JOIN Table thing, but none of it seems right. The best analogy I have to non-education is imagine multiple managers with multiple employees, and each employee has multiple tasks that can be checked off daily by all the managers. 

ANY help is appreciated. I've been using this system with Sheets + Forms for years, and it's too cumbersome to update each student individually anymore. TYIA!

0 1 61
1 REPLY 1

So is your question about how to set up a many-to-many relationship? Here's a basic breakdown. You have 2 main data tables:

1. Teacher table, whose key column is "teacher_id"
  2. Student table, whose key column is "student_id"

Then you have your "linking" or "bridge" table, maybe call it "teacher_student" or similar. It has its own key column, and then 2 Ref-type columns, one for teacher_id, and one for student_id.

Top Labels in this Space