Help with File Naming

Hi I have a column for creating a file name which I am using to name my PDFs created from templates.

I wanted to use the Date in the file name but I haven't been able to get it right. Is it possible?

"Minutes of the meeting dated the 08/09/2022" is my file name.

[Minutes_File_Name] is my column name

I'm trying to use the name to name my File in Automation as @MultiTech did in this Youtube video, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJuy-UMXvo0&t=16s

Screenshot (168).png

I thought this would work but it saves the File Name as "2022.pdf" in Google drive. Is there a way to achieve this or should I skip using the date because of the "/"?

Solved Solved
0 6 357
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Suvrutt_Gurjar i totally forgot that "/" is not supported in any filename. In one of my apps also i have added date in the filename. But i used dd.mm.yyyy format. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Try

Text(INDEX(EXTRACTDATES([Minutes_File_Name]),1),"dd-mm-yyyy")

Pls tell if it works.

I think you may want to avoid using date format with the slashes (/)  in the file name.

It could be perceived as sub folders by the app. 

It is not clear if you are creating the entire file name in the column [Minutes_File_Name] 

If so, please try to create a file name such as "MOM_File_08SEPTMBER2022"

You could use TEXT() functions to get the date in the desired format. Also it may be a good practice to create file / folder names without spaces even though most of the times there may not be any issue with spaces.

TEXT() - AppSheet Help

@Suvrutt_Gurjar i totally forgot that "/" is not supported in any filename. In one of my apps also i have added date in the filename. But i used dd.mm.yyyy format. 

Hi @jyothis_m ,

No problem. We all err once in a while. 

Your contributions to the community are good. Keep contributing.

This gave me the clue to change my format using text to remove the "/" and use "." instead which helped with creating the file name

CONCATENATE("Minutes of the meeting dated the ", TEXT([Date_Of_Meeting],"dd.mm.yyyy"))

All, 

A note has been added to the following topic to indicate that forward slashes are not supported in filenames: Create an save a file from an automation

Thanks for raising this question, @Quality_Assuran !

Liz

Top Labels in this Space