Help with Google Calendar Attendee and Title Reference

I’ve been struggling the past few days to figure out how to simplify my Google calendar setup. My Events are pretty simple. Names of people in only 3 different time slots throughout the week. I was able to figure out how to Reference names and email addresses through enum lists and referencing their names but what i’m trying to do is simplify it even further.

I’d like to Title of the Google Calendar event the names from the attendee list. I want it to automatically pull the names of the individuals from the attendee reference. I currently use an enum list to add names from the member list to automatically add the email address of the attendee’s but when I try to reference this in the Title column it only seems to pull the email address and not the referenced name.

Any help would be appreciated while I keep searching…

Solved Solved
0 4 365
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

If you could post more details about how you are implementing the above, the community could possibly help.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks and that seems to be my problem after hours of searching. I can’t seem to get the Dereference to work correctly for me.

I have a Google calendar integrated with my app. I use a sheet with 3 columns: Email, First Name, Last name as a member list that helps me add and remove members from the google group. I have that sheet pointed to another sheet that uses the sort formula in sheets the names in order and removes blanks when a member is removed from the group etc. In that sheet I have a virtual column that creates a LastnameF (first name initial). I am able to use that sheet to create a dropdown enumlist that references email addresses to add as an attendee and this works great.

I would like the Title of the event to reference the attendee column and pull the LastnameF data. In the app I see the LastnameF in both the attendee and event, however in the actual calendar event it shows the email address. So I know i’m close and its got to be a simple fix…

and just like that… i figured it out. I was putting period (.) between the “[Attendee].[CombinedN]” vs “[Attendee][CombinedN]” formula on the Title formula. I was completely misreading the instructions you provided and now have it working.

Top Labels in this Space