Help with Grouped Action - execute a sequence of actions

I have an app that has 2 tables:

• Check-in table for people that complete an appsheet form to check-in for a COVID 19 vaccination
  • Vaccination table for once they are ready to be vaccinated

Staff will open a record in the check-in table to confirm the patients details and confirm with their photo ID. Once they have done this, I have a Grouped Action which:

1 - copies the record from check-in table to vaccination table
2 - deletes the record from check-in table
3 - navigates to another view within the app (using App:go to another view within the app)

When I group these 3 actions together into a grouped app, the copying of data to the vaccination table is OK, the deletion of the check-in data is OK but does not navigate to another view.

When I run the third action (go to another view) separately that works fine on its own.

Am I doing something wrong ?

0 6 1,170
6 REPLIES 6

Do you think itโ€™s because your second action to delete the check in row has now made your sequence a paradox?
It was all started from the check in sequence and now that row has been deleted in your second action it cannot complete the sequence?
Try changing some data in your second action rather than deleting the row and see if your sequence completes.

Incidentally, there were interesting insights by senior community colleagues @Steve and @tsuji_koichi on almost a similar requirement.

Hope these help.

Yes @Suvrutt_Gurjar

Thank you for refering to the recent comment from myself for the exacely same topics.

Once the Delete actiin is fired in the middle of the grouped action, the rest of ation will never fire.

That is native behaviror of Appsheet (sor Far). In case the rest of Action after delete row action is not based on row level, it should be fired, but need to post the feature request to AppShee Team.

I can guess why AppSheet group operations stopโ€™s after deletion,
but I donโ€™t understand why it is necessary to copy data from one table to another, if it is enough to create a status field (Lead/Ready for vactination/Vactinated/Skiped etc)
?

Many thanks for your description about solving your question.
But
Answer, pls, on my question

I solved this problem by creating a grouped sequence to copy the row to another table and then setting a flag for a new field that is ready to delete. Then I have an automated workflow to delete that row once the deletion flag is set.

Top Labels in this Space