Help with PDF template

Hi community

I'm struggling with a PDF template. I have a Start and End expression that works fine if the expression follows on from each other as in the images below.

Screenshot (135).png

Screenshot (136).png

But I dropped the "End" bit to a new line, as in the images below, so that each item would go to its own line.

Screenshot (128).png

Screenshot (129).png

When I do that I get this error:

Screenshot (131).png

I've tried to look for and delete any spaces that might have been hidden but there aren't any and yet I consistently get this message. I've just cut and paste this from one cell to a lower cell on the table so not sure why it cannot find the column anymore.

In the same table I have this expression :

fed63af5-771a-4acf-bbd8-2b413aaf17e4.png

And it doesn't give any errors. What is causing this?

Solved Solved
0 1 173
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So the way to think about this is Appsheet works like each row in the tempate table to be one row of the spreadsheet data.  So normally, for a multicolumn template table you have <<START: ???>> as the first item in the first column and <<END>> as the last item in the last column.  Doing it this way you can't have one spreadsheet row spread over 2 template rows.

However.  Try it this way if you wany two or more rows:

<<START: ???>>

[ColumnA][ColumnB][ColumnC][ColumnD]
[ColumnE][ColumnF][ColumnG][Columnh]

<<END>>

This way each spreadsheet row is a totally sperate table in the template 🙂

Simon@1minManager.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

So the way to think about this is Appsheet works like each row in the tempate table to be one row of the spreadsheet data.  So normally, for a multicolumn template table you have <<START: ???>> as the first item in the first column and <<END>> as the last item in the last column.  Doing it this way you can't have one spreadsheet row spread over 2 template rows.

However.  Try it this way if you wany two or more rows:

<<START: ???>>

[ColumnA][ColumnB][ColumnC][ColumnD]
[ColumnE][ColumnF][ColumnG][Columnh]

<<END>>

This way each spreadsheet row is a totally sperate table in the template 🙂

Simon@1minManager.com

Top Labels in this Space