Help with References

Hi all,

I am trying to reference my tables. Each table has a unique key, though i would like to call a specific key form table A to table B. Ex: If row is in table A then delete in table B. True: If the keys are matching.

I have unique key table A & unique key Table B. With a ref_table A & ref_table B so that i can get the unique key of a row from either table. Somehow, the references i created are returning blank and not the unique key of the parent table...

Probably doing it wrong... thanks for your help.

ref_table A= ref_SalidaID

ref_table B= ref_EntradaID

Ehtz_0-1656439315347.pngEhtz_1-1656439326968.png

Ehtz_0-1656439582931.png

0 3 70
3 REPLIES 3

1. Your SELECT() expression is unnecessary. You should just use [Ref_EntradaID]. That's it.
  2. When you establish a reference from one table to another, a reverse reference is automatically established. Hence, you do not need a Ref_EntradaID column in the Salidas table. 

Please read:

Thanks Joseph, going to try and implement it.

Hi,

I added some references, now i have a problem:

From the reference it asks me to indicated which article to reference so that it can associate its entradaID key with the ref_entradaID. Though i would like it to be an automatic linkage from the qrcodeid that all item has. Like when i associate the name with the qrcodeid.

How do i proceed?

Ehtz_0-1656512339479.pngEhtz_1-1656512355232.png

Thanks for your reply.

Top Labels in this Space