Help with Related expression

Jaros

I have an app which is calculating delivery commissions paid to third party aggregators for the delivery of takeout.

I have three tables
(ONE: Delivery company and commission percent they charge,
TWO: Columns to add the delivery companies and their revenue for the day and
THREE: Totals per day)

These are linked together with a Ref and the user is able to enter the amount of revenue generated by the delivery company and it then calculates the commission and the remainder in the next two columns.

When the user adds the different delivery companies and their revenue I would like to update the totals table with the totals for the day.

I used the expressions below

SUM([Related Deliveries Daily Entries][Deliveries])
SUM([Related Deliveries Daily Entries][Delivery Commission])
SUM([Related Deliveries Daily Entries][Delivery Excluding Commission])

It is only returning the information from the first entry in my list rather than the total of the different entries of my list.

Where am I going wrong?

0 4 114
4 REPLIES 4

I am not in front of my computer right now, but I have a few questions.

1. Are these actual or virtual columns?
  2. If actual columns, where do you have this expression? (Is it in formula, initial value, etc.)
  3. Have you tried making a change to a row in the app after saving these expressions to trigger the update (from the expression)?

To troubleshoot, I would add a virtual column with the following:

SUM([Related Deliveries Daily Entries][Column to sum]

Or alternatively, you may want to look at using something along the lines of:

SUM(
SELECT(
)
)

If you want to really mess about, you can always try adding a space between your โ€œ]โ€ and โ€œ[โ€œ symbols.

I know this sounds silly, but it has actually made a difference in some applications for me in the past.

DISCLAIMER: I am definitely not the best of the experts, nor would I consider myself an expert at all

Jaros

Thanks for the response.

The Related Delivery columns are virtual and were generated when I linked the tables .

They generate in a list.

I didnโ€™t do anything yet was just looking into it and now it seems to be working.

Any idea why the result would change without intervention?

The Related Delivery columns are virtual and were generated when I linked the tables.

Which columns are you using this expression in? Did you have this in another column/table/etc?

Any idea why the result would change without intervention?

I sometimes notice that it can take a sync and a refresh / launch in browser for some things to reflect.

There are some inconsistencies with this, however, it definitely seems to be more of a browser/caching issue and much less of an AppSheet issue per-say.

Thanks. I guess I just need to be patient.

Top Labels in this Space