Help with SImple Pie Chart

Rookie here. I'm working on a few simple apps to get my feet wet as I slowly start to understand a bit more about AppSheet, but one thing that is giving me some grief is the chart option.

I added a _variables sheet in the spreadsheet and I have a couple of formulas in two cells to dynamically update to simply show the total number of non-blank rows between a range on two different pages, each of form of the =COUNTA() function.
Screenshot 2022-02-08 14.53.51.png

I want the pie chart to just show these two values with different colors. Not matter what I do, though the GUI only shows whichever data value is listed first in the Chart Columns section.

Screenshot 2022-02-08 14.55.38.pngScreenshot 2022-02-08 14.53.34.png

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but i feel like i am missing something very obvious here....

Solved Solved
0 7 175
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Instead or rows use columns and it will do the trick:

holiwi_0-1644354678438.png

holiwi_1-1644354724957.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Instead or rows use columns and it will do the trick:

holiwi_0-1644354678438.png

holiwi_1-1644354724957.png

Thank you, i will try that and report back!

@holiwi thank you, that got the chart working. Now to figure out why the legend isn't working appropriately. It only shows Status. I'll see if I can figure this one out on my own, but at the same time, i don't object to any assistance that will help we learn this faster.

Thanks again.

Can you provide a screenshot of the legend?

Here's what I'm seeing:

pie chart issues.png

Definitely weird behaviour. Sorry I can't help you with this

Thank you for helping me get this far, i found my error. I didn't have the data type set correctly for the Status column. I got that updated to "text" and it now works as expected. Thank you so much!

Top Labels in this Space