Help with Sales records with Orders, customers, employees, & services (and calculator)

So iโ€™m not to new to Google Sheets but very new to Appsheet.
this

This is a pretty complicated (yet not as complicated as some apps out there,

my idea is as follows & just wondering best way i should setup.

This following information is fictional & used for virtual business (donโ€™t ask, GTAV Roleplay business)

currently i use a single spreadsheet for calculating total business costs (combination of multiple costs), then i have a markup (Variable 50-100%) then an option for discount (Variable 0%-20%), Price Adjustments to round to closest $10 then total calculates into Customer Price & Profit.
Right now i have all the formulas automate once i input the multiple business costs.

once i have the completed calculation i copy results of a row
Business Cost, Markup, Discount, Price Adjustments (for rounding), Customer Price, Profit

Below the calculation i have Columns;
Date, Customer Name, Vehicle, Number Plate, Colour in, Colour Out, Staff (Y/N) then i paste the above results.

Date: 15-12-19
Customer Name: Mark Johnson
Vehicle: Ranger
License Plate: KSL425
Colour In: Grey
Colour Out: Red
Staff: No
Business Cost (total calculation): $18,134
Markup (250%): $45,335
Discount (0%): $45,335
Price Adjustment (amount rounded up): $65
Customer Price: $45,400
Profit: $27,266

Collections = Orders, Employee, Customers, Services (or Product doesnโ€™t really matter)
there would be set Services; brakes, engine, suspension, transmission with a manual price input per order

Before creating an order i create a new Customer,
Then create the Order, Select employee who is creating new order
add whichever Services the Customer wants & when i select a service i input Cost
once all services selected the Order shows the optioin for Markup & Discount & Calculates a total.

AND just to throw another optionโ€ฆ having an option of status Quote(defaulting to $200) or Paid if first quoted the Paid price deducts $200 from total price)

To give you an idea of what i use right now (google sheet link, no idea if it works)

i understand if this is too much to ask, but i have spent days trying to get something to work and keep frustrating myself and deleting & starting again. i have tried using and editing samples, to creating with an idea, to starting with data sheets.

i know i should probably start simple, like single form with inputs. but if i was just doing that i might as well use Google Forms (which i have done).

Anyway Enjoy,

0 3 904
3 REPLIES 3

oh and apologies for the messy post

Hi @Hypnotech03
Have you tried making an App from your form or sheet?

That I did and for the small part it was basic with no cost or price calculationsโ€ฆ
BUT
I had an epiphany last night and just figured I could use a google form/sheet for each step. Knowing yes this would work, but still not the system I wanted.

Form 1 = Create new customer
Form 2 = Create vehicle (selecting customer as owner, using Google code to create the dropdown options from previous Form answer.)
Form 2 = Create order, Add Customer &/or Vehicle
Form 3 = Create/Select Service, Input custom price for each service,

The use a master Document and collect the data and formulate the costs markups and profits etc. from all 4 of those sheets to have a complete list of jobs prices and customer details.

I would though like to look at the sheets with a dashboard & Data sheets where I can easily see Employee commission (% of Profit) and all other stats Total quotes. Total sales, total jobs.

But yeah Iโ€™m thinking big earlyโ€ฆ
By basic spreadsheet system has been used now for over 16 months with over 3,450 entries in that time.
Each employee has their own copy of document, then I have a business report pulling their commision/profits, with =importrange which needs updating (by me)each week with a new sheet.

Top Labels in this Space