Help with a Graphic design client approval app

Hello and thanks in advance for reading this. I am brand new to Appsheet and trying to work out if any/all of my requirements are possible before I delve any deeper into the platform. Three hours of Googling has left me none the wiser.

I currently have clients who request design jobs by filling out Google forms (a different form for each specific job) Every time a new form is submitted our three designers (of which I am one) receive an email notification of a new job. Whichever designer first logs into the Google sheet that contains the form submissions they write their name in an "assigned" field to indicate they will complete the request. From there the designer creates the artwork and manually emails the client by attaching the artwork to the email and requests either approval or client amendments within the body copy of the email. Once a job is approved the designer needs to manually send an email to the printer to place the order.

There are, essentially, two sides to this process that I would dearly like to add at least some degree of automation and structure to; our internal job processing and client/artwork management. I would very much love to know if Appsheet is capable of providing even some of the following functionality;

Internal processing

- Once a new order is logged through Google Forms create a new Drive folder that is dynamically named by a specific Sheet row (so the designer can later upload all artwork there)

- Saving the data from the newly submitted Sheet row as a CSV inside the new Drive folder

- Creating a better resource management system than an "assigned" field in the master job sheet (ie being able to see the status of each job - unassigned, assigned, waiting for approval or dispatched to printer)

Client/artwork management

- Once the artwork is uploaded to its Drive folder allow the designer to communicate with the client (using dynamic contact details from the CSV file in the artwork folder) that their artwork is ready for review, allow the client to view the artwork in the Drive folder and either press an "approve" or "request feedback" button/link.

- If the client approves the artwork, automatically send an email to the printer with the attached artwork and relevant job information from the CSV file.

- If the client requests changes then a feedback loop is created to allow the designer to make changes and repeat the review process.

I have no idea whether any of the above is possible either in Appsheet or elsewhere, so any insights into where and how I can start breaking this down into manageable pieces would be greatly appreciated!! 

0 1 168
1 REPLY 1

A similar requirement was presented during this month's Office Hours session yesterday. 

AppSheet Office Hours: How to Use and Optimize App Expressions  

Top Labels in this Space