Help with expression.

Hello,

I need help with an expression for a display name in a form view.
I have a "SALES" table with a "SALES" menu view with a submenu with the types of sales (Quotes, Invoices, Delivery Notes...), I want it to show me the name of each type of document, for example in the view detail in display name I put [Document Type] and it shows it fine, but the same thing doesn't happen in the form view, it tells me that it can't find the [Document Type] column

What I can do?

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 5 129
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

A form view's display name expression cannot reference values directly from the row being edited (especially if it's a new row not yet saved to the data source). If you can derive the document type from other data, use that in your display name expression.

dbaum_0-1680973216890.png

View solution in original post

You can't. You would have to set up individual form views for each document type.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A form view's display name expression cannot reference values directly from the row being edited (especially if it's a new row not yet saved to the data source). If you can derive the document type from other data, use that in your display name expression.

dbaum_0-1680973216890.png

Hi!!! dbaum

I don't know how to do it because the type of document can vary.

It depends if I select a document type or another, the value changes and I don't know how to refer to it.

xxxc.JPG

You can't. You would have to set up individual form views for each document type.

Ok,

thank you very much.

Top Labels in this Space