Help with filtering records

I have looked all over and maybe I am missing the correct post I need to figure out this problem. I have a table named Main with all the employee's listed in there, the fields are : ID, Name, Site, Gender, Phone, email, related sales, related service

I have another table names Users with the Manager people information. The table is Username (useremail()), Role, Site, Manager

I want to filter the records based on site they have and if they are a manager and I got the individual filters to work which are 

lookup(useremail(),users, email, manager) = Y - This filters out everyone that is not a yes in Manager column

ANY(SELECT(users[Site],USEREMAIL()=[email])) - this is correct to me but is not a Y/N 

I tried combining them and putting them in a Security Filter but it keeps giving the error about not a Y/N, that filter looks like this:

OR(lookup(useremail(),users, email, Manager) = Y, ANY(SELECT(users[Site],USEREMAIL()=[email])))

It does not work but maybe my code is wrong or I am placing the code in the wrong area. 

What I am trying to do is give anyone with the Manager = Y full access to the data and anyone with the Manager = N access to only the sites they are assigned to. Thank you in advance.

Solved Solved
0 3 62
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Eric_Woodhouse 

What about this ?

OR(
  LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),"users", "email", "Manager"),
  LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),"users", "email", "Site")=[Site]
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Eric_Woodhouse 

What about this ?

OR(
  LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),"users", "email", "Manager"),
  LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),"users", "email", "Site")=[Site]
)

That worked great! Thank you so much!!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot of the entire Expression Assistant window that includes the expression and the error message.

Top Labels in this Space