Help with linktoform

Hi I have six link to form actions on a simple app. Below is one

Screenshot (144).png

The idea is when the user clicks it creates a child record and adds the time and the number of customers.

It appears to work

Screenshot (145).png

But when I save it shows the no of customers in the inline view until it synchs at which point the no of customers disappears. Why would that happen? Below you can see one has disappeared and the other hasn't yet as only the first one has been synched.

Screenshot (148).png

And then a few seconds later they both have disappeared.

Screenshot (149).png

Solved Solved
0 9 323
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I believe the suggestion was in correct direction. It sounds that your child table view 'Related Customers"  is based on a slice or table that prevents any further additions based on a condition in the parent table. So child record gets added but without associated parent ID and entered other parameters for such parent records where addition of further child records is prevented by some logic such as say [Order Status]="Complete" in parent then one cannot add more child records..  You may want to check that.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

It sounds that you are not adding the reference column value of the parent table in the LINKTOFORM() expression thereby not linking the added child record to the corresponding parent record.

Please try adding the reference column value also such as 

LINKTOFORM( "Customers_Form", "Ref column name in Child table", [Key column of the parent table], ............)

Of course please also continue to add other columns that currently you have in the LINKTOFORM() expression.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar thank you for the response. The [Date] column is the key column in my parent table and [Customer_date_link] is my reference to the table. Maybe this is what is proving problematic?

I changed it to this, 

LINKTOFORM("Customers_Form", "Customer_Date_Link",[Date_ID],"No of customers", 3, "Time", TIMENOW())

Where my [Date_ID] is the date and a uniqueID

But now it clears the time and the no of customers where it only used to clears the no of customers.

Screenshot (151).png

No , it should not be problematic as long as you have one record per date in the parent table because date column is the key it cannot repeat in more than one record.

I believe the suggestion was in correct direction. It sounds that your child table view 'Related Customers"  is based on a slice or table that prevents any further additions based on a condition in the parent table. So child record gets added but without associated parent ID and entered other parameters for such parent records where addition of further child records is prevented by some logic such as say [Order Status]="Complete" in parent then one cannot add more child records..  You may want to check that.

Thank you. I had the fields in the child table as Un Editable and this was causing the problem. I did this because I did not want to give the user the ability to change these records. Is there a way to overcome this?

You could make those fields editable for users ( throgh useremail) who will add child records.

May we know if  those fields will always remain at same value after the  record is created through linktoform action?

Hi, yes they will remain the same. They do not want any meddling with the values of those fields.

Then , please do not set them through linktoform action. Please set them as initial values for those columns and set editable_if as FALSE for those columns.

Top Labels in this Space