Help with preventing the population of a field with an initial value or formula based on the show

I have created an invoice section within my app that has a column called invoice status. The options are paid and needs payment. When selecting paid the payment amount, payment date, payment method, and payment ID now show their fields for entry. In the date formula I have now() and payment ID formula field as uniqueid().  The issue I am having is preventing the now() and UNIQUEID() fields from being populated when the needs payment option is selected. I am also having the same issue with having the value of the invoice total automatically populating the payment amount field with using the [total] expression in the intital value. This value is poulating the field regardless of the paid or needs payment option being selected. 

I will also add that I am very new and have been building my first app for the past two weeks.

Thank you for the help!

Solved Solved
0 1 54
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The configuration will depend upon exact sequence of operation you have in the app. In general you could try

1. Please enter in initial values of in the data column as  IFS( [Invoice Status]="Paid", TODAY()) and in [Payment ID] initial value as IFS( [Invoice Status]="Paid", UNIQUEID())

2. Also please enable reset on edit for these two columns.

Another alternative could be just to have the app formula instead of initial value as IFS( [Invoice Status]="Paid", TODAY()) and IFS( [Invoice Status]="Paid", UNIQUEID()) for these two columns.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The configuration will depend upon exact sequence of operation you have in the app. In general you could try

1. Please enter in initial values of in the data column as  IFS( [Invoice Status]="Paid", TODAY()) and in [Payment ID] initial value as IFS( [Invoice Status]="Paid", UNIQUEID())

2. Also please enable reset on edit for these two columns.

Another alternative could be just to have the app formula instead of initial value as IFS( [Invoice Status]="Paid", TODAY()) and IFS( [Invoice Status]="Paid", UNIQUEID()) for these two columns.

Top Labels in this Space