Help with table structure for vehicle inspection app

Hello. Loving appsheet so far and I think once I see an example of what Iโ€™m looking for Iโ€™ll understand how it works.

I am building an app that will help with vehicle inspections. The inspection checklist depends on if the vehicle a 1 Ton Truck, a Single Axel Truck, or a Tandum Truck. What I have currently built has the first view show all the vehicles. When clicking a vehicle, lets say a 1 Ton Truck, the user is shown inspections for 1 Ton, Single Axel, and Tandum, but it should only show an option to add 1 Ton Inspections. Can someone help me with the organization of my data to get the right relationship?

All of the sample apps Iโ€™ve seen show the same checklist being used for many different types of equipment/machines etcโ€ฆ, but I need a checklist with different questions for each type of equipment.

I have tried several times, but never end up with what I want.

Tables:
Vehicles (Key, Vin, Plate Number)
Vehicle Information (Key, Make, Model, Class)
Class 1 Inspection (Key, Lights Functional, Safe To Drive?, etcโ€ฆ)
Class 2 Inspection (Key, Lights Functional, Safe To Drive?, etcโ€ฆ)

Can anyone recommend the table structure I should have?

0 6 372
6 REPLIES 6

There can be more than 1 way to accomplish the same result. So please share some major screenshots from your app build showing your table schema, column structure, table relationships, parent-child info etc. Thus, please be more specific.

@LeventK
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunatly, new users here can only post one image and 2 external links per post. Iโ€™m splitting my response into two posts. Here are some screen shots:

clicking on the first vehicle

Overall this is my plan:

From the second screen shot I posted, if I scroll down this is where I have the problem. There is a vehicle inspection and a 1TonPretrip inspection. There should only be a 1tonPretrip.

Vehicle Table

More tables in next post

Vehicle Inspection Table

1TonPreTrip

That is all of the screen shots I have.

Edit: Thank you to the staff member(s) who helped restore my posts from being hidden.

@Nathan_O_Kane
It seems 1TonPreTrip and Vehicle Inspection Table are idenctical. Why do you need 2 tables with the same setup?

The two tables donโ€™t need to be the same. This is the 3rd or 4th time Iโ€™ve tried with this app so Iโ€™ve tried several different table combinations and Iโ€™m just posting my latest attempt.

Initially I started with one table of just vehicles with all information about them in there and then separate tables with the inspection questions.

Any suggestions about how many tables I need or the configuration. I can give it a try with your suggestion.

Top Labels in this Space