Help with table structure for vehicle inspection app

Hello. Loving appsheet so far and I think once I see an example of what I’m looking for I’ll understand how it works.

I am building an app that will help with vehicle inspections. The inspection checklist depends on if the vehicle a 1 Ton Truck, a Single Axel Truck, or a Tandum Truck. What I have currently built has the first view show all the vehicles. When clicking a vehicle, lets say a 1 Ton Truck, the user is shown inspections for 1 Ton, Single Axel, and Tandum, but it should only show an option to add 1 Ton Inspections. Can someone help me with the organization of my data to get the right relationship?

All of the sample apps I’ve seen show the same checklist being used for many different types of equipment/machines etc…, but I need a checklist with different questions for each type of equipment.

I have tried several times, but never end up with what I want.

Tables:
Vehicles (Key, Vin, Plate Number)
Vehicle Information (Key, Make, Model, Class)
Class 1 Inspection (Key, Lights Functional, Safe To Drive?, etc…)
Class 2 Inspection (Key, Lights Functional, Safe To Drive?, etc…)

Can anyone recommend the table structure I should have?

0 6 373
6 REPLIES 6

There can be more than 1 way to accomplish the same result. So please share some major screenshots from your app build showing your table schema, column structure, table relationships, parent-child info etc. Thus, please be more specific.

@LeventK
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Unfortunatly, new users here can only post one image and 2 external links per post. I’m splitting my response into two posts. Here are some screen shots:

clicking on the first vehicle

Overall this is my plan:

From the second screen shot I posted, if I scroll down this is where I have the problem. There is a vehicle inspection and a 1TonPretrip inspection. There should only be a 1tonPretrip.

Vehicle Table

More tables in next post

Vehicle Inspection Table

1TonPreTrip

That is all of the screen shots I have.

Edit: Thank you to the staff member(s) who helped restore my posts from being hidden.

@Nathan_O_Kane
It seems 1TonPreTrip and Vehicle Inspection Table are idenctical. Why do you need 2 tables with the same setup?

The two tables don’t need to be the same. This is the 3rd or 4th time I’ve tried with this app so I’ve tried several different table combinations and I’m just posting my latest attempt.

Initially I started with one table of just vehicles with all information about them in there and then separate tables with the inspection questions.

Any suggestions about how many tables I need or the configuration. I can give it a try with your suggestion.

Top Labels in this Space