Hey, Everyone: How can I count the number of...

Hey, Everyone:

How can I count the number of occurrences in another worksheet? In my spreadsheet, I have TAB 1, which features a list of courses + the total number of seats available. TAB 2 contains the registrations for each of the courses in TAB 1.

What I need to do is count the number of times a particular course appears on TAB 2 and return that information back to the โ€œseats bookedโ€ column in TAB 1.

Iโ€™m looking for the total number of seats booked for each particular course. The data will come from TAB 2, but I need the answer to populate in TAB 1.

I canโ€™t figure out what my formula should beโ€ฆ how to reference the other tabโ€ฆ where to enter that formula. Please let me know if Iโ€™m not being clear. Thanks!

0 3 398
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Jayne_Hawkins Check out COUNT expressions. Something like this. COUNT(SELECT(tablename[columnto count],[course]=[_THISROW].[course] ))

You will have to use your table and column names and any other filters you require.

I also request you to take a look at a similar sample app mentioned below as your requirement. In the sample app the courses are there. In place of registration,the assignments are there. However principle is same. Assignment table (titled School Work Manager) references Courses table.

Similar to your requirement of getting registration numbers into courses table,the sample app gets โ€œoutstanding workโ€ and โ€œCompleted Workโ€ data from Assignments table.

Hope this helps.

appsheet.com - Assignment Manager - An app to manage school work and assignments.

Assignment Manager - An app to manage school work and assignments. appsheet.com

Hi @Jayne_Hawkins,

Based on your description of app functionality you may wish to

consider following.

For ease of getting data from the registration table into courses table and vice versa, have you considered the โ€œReferencingโ€

between tables?

The registration table could reference the courses table.

I request you to go through following article.

help.appsheet.com - References Between Tables References Between Tables help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space