Hi All! I have a question, How can I add a ...

Hi All!

I have a question,

How can I add a new record to a table, where the data of the new record is already defined. What I want to ask is, if there is any way to add a new row to a table without entering to the add/edit view?

0 5 374
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, you can use create an ACTION (go to view typeaction) and use LINKTOFORM function and prepopulate the new row to create.

https://help.appsheet.com/expressions/functions/linktoform

Yes you can do that with a deep link action. For example with the LINKTOFORM. You can find all deep links from this articleโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - App Column Type (Deep Link) App Column Type (Deep Link) help.appsheet.com

@Fernando_Lopez Good we gave the same answer

Thank you for the fast response, however LINKTOFORM deep link directs you to that form view and you need to click to the save button in order to record is saved. I actually want to add a new row without entering any type of view. Assume that there is an action button called duplicate and when clicked a new record with the same definitions but with another key is added to the table.

Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s not possible directly with the app at this moment. Itโ€™s a known feature request and it should be available early this year. Of course you can do that with a scripting or through the Webhook/API call though.

Top Labels in this Space