Hi: Can I limit entries from a mobile device...

Hi:

Can I limit entries from a mobile device?

Example having the user only enter one entry per hour.

0 6 489
6 REPLIES 6

tony1

@George_Joseph You could add a valid_if to one of your columns that checks to see if there is a row by the same user that is less than an hour old:

COUNT(SELECT(YourTable[KeyColumn], AND( [Email Column] = USEREMAIL(), [Timestamp Column] >= NOW() - “001:00:00” ))) = 0

@tony thanks, i’m on the way to figure out how to prevent duplicated entry within the same hour. May you help me please if my Valid_if condition is based on the Name choice rather than the USERMAIL() field, I try with [_THIS] = [Name], according the current field in use have to exclude twice an entry for the same person in the same hour (people are so stressed during that COVID era that I need to find a tip avoiding them duplicating many times a response) .

tony1

Hi Tony:

It’s going to be a public app that allows users to sign in based on how close they are to an office location.

What I’m trying to achieve is not having the same person sign in twice in any given timeframe.

In other words I want John to sign in, but prevent him from signing in James.

tony1

@George_Joseph Generally we advise against trying to build your own authentication mechanism. It will be inherently insecure. See this article and @praveen’s comment on this thread.

help.appsheet.com - Require Sign-In: The Essentials https://plus.google.com/102595816291334213292/posts/AaxakNduScH

Require Sign-In: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

Thank Tony,

After reading I agree and I’ll follow this workflow.

Thanks again.

Top Labels in this Space