Hi I am trying to build a Sales Application. ...

Hi I am trying to build a Sales Application. I have following tables :

1. โ€œoutletdetailsโ€

-> Stores a list of Retail Shops with City_id column 2. Sheet1 -> Table storing a list of Cities with their corresponding

โ€œDistrict_idโ€ 3. Usersloc -> Table containing user and the district_id in which the user functions

Right now in the

List view of โ€œoutletdetailsโ€, all the records in โ€œoutletdetailsโ€ are visible. I want only those records to be visible to the user where city_id is in the allowed district_id of the user. If one user is handling more than 1 districts, another row is added in Usersloc table.

I wrote the following expression for the security filter for โ€œoutletdetailsโ€. It should compare the district_id of the outlet, with the district_id allowed for the user.

LOOKUP([city_id],

โ€œSheet1โ€,

โ€œcity_idโ€, โ€œdistrict_idโ€) = LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),

โ€œUserslocโ€, โ€œuser_email1โ€, โ€œdistrict_idโ€)

In spite of this, it shows all the records.

Can somebody guide where I am going wrong?

0 6 371
6 REPLIES 6

You need an City table, a District table, an Outlet table, a User table and a UserOutlet table. Is it true that a City has many Disticts, a District has many outlets, an Outlet has many Users, and a User has many

Outlets? If so the Column Structure needs to be City: ID, Name,

District: ID, CityID, Name User: ID, Email Outlet: ID, DistrictID UserOutlet: OutletID, UserID

IF it is true that a District has many Cities, then the Column Structure needs to be City: ID, Name, DistrictID District: ID, Name User: ID, Email Outlet: ID, CityID UserOutlet: OutletID, UserID

If you get your table and column structure set up in a normalised way you lookups will work.

@David_Ackling-Jones Thanks for taking time to reply.

A district will have multiple cities and users shall be given access to outlets in multiple districts. โ€œUserOutletโ€ wonโ€™t be feasible as there would be hundreds of outlets. Each time we need to add an employee(user) ,

it would take a lot of time.

We have the same scheme in our database, but for Appsheet we are using Google Sheets tables.

Hi @Kartik_Borikar

I hope city_id is the key in sheet1 table. You can also make city_name as label.

In Outlet details table, make city_id as ref to table sheet1 Create a virtual column named district_id with formula [city_id].[district_id]

Now in security filters place this formula for Outlet details. [district_id]=Lookup(USEREMAIL(), โ€œuserlocโ€, โ€œuser_email1โ€,โ€œdistrict_idโ€)

@Kartik_Borikar

ignore the above comment

You can use your approach but instead of [city_id] use [_thisRow].[city_id]

LOOKUP([_thisRow].[city_id],

โ€œSheet1โ€,

โ€œcity_idโ€, โ€œdistrict_idโ€) = LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),

โ€œUserslocโ€, โ€œuser_email1โ€, โ€œdistrict_idโ€)

Hi!

I changed the column names to avoid confusion.

While testing I found that the second lookup is not able to fetch district_id.

Please see the image attached.

@Kartik_Borikar If a User can have more than one District, and a District can have more than one User, you have no choice but to create a UserDistrict table. Many to many relationships require a link table of this kind or your queries will never work.

Top Labels in this Space