Hi, I'm trying to hide/show some views depend...

Hi, Iโ€™m trying to hide/show some views depending on a value in the users table.

Iโ€™m in the UX part and in the โ€œshow ifโ€ box I added following expression as a YES/NO

LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), 02_USERS.XLSX, UserEmail, Ventas) = True

But by using this the view is shown no matter which is the content of the table.

How should I write the expression?

Thanks!!

0 18 3,199
18 REPLIES 18

If your โ€œVentasโ€ column is an Y/N type, your original formula should work as well. If itโ€™s not working, the reason is somewhere else.

Also as @Aleksi_Alkio guided , the expression LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),02_USERS.XLSX,UserEmail,Ventas) works perfectly instead of need for LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), 02_USERS.XLSX, UserEmail, Ventas) = True

Hi @Fer_Calvano, As guided by Aleksi, for this expression to work , ,please use Yes/No type of column instead of Enum type with Enum values

Yes/No.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar You can think the option Show_If like thisโ€ฆ It will hide that menu name, but not the view itself.

Yes, you are right @Aleksi_Alkio

Thanks to both!

Hi, Iโ€™ve tried with your suggestion but it is not workingโ€ฆmaybe the mistake is somewhere else. Thanks!

What happens if you try justโ€ฆ LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),02_USERS.XLSX,UserEmail,Ventas)

my views have โ€œgo to viewโ€ behaviourโ€ฆ could this be an issue?

Hi, @Aleksi_Alkio Iโ€™ve now changed the Ventas column to Enum, allowing โ€œSIโ€ or โ€œNOโ€ as options. If I run the formula, the answer is โ€œNOโ€,

but the view is displayed.

Thanks! Fernando

Hi @Fer_Calvano, A couple

of updates after I did testing based on @Aleksi_Alkioโ€™s guidance and your inputs. You had mentioned that you have โ€œgo to a viewโ€ behavior in your views.

My testing indicates that if you have a view called say A , you can use the โ€œshow_ifโ€ condition for that view to block a user from seeing the view FROM MENU or Bottom Header.

However further testing showed was if you call this view A through an action type of โ€œGo to a viewโ€

from another view B,

the view A

is visible through action button to an user even if the user is blocked for that

view A from โ€œshow_ifโ€

condition of view.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Fer_Calvano, A couple

of updates after I did testing based on @Aleksi_Alkioโ€™s guidance and your inputs. You had mentioned that you have โ€œgo to a viewโ€ behavior in your views.

My testing indicates that if you have a view called say A , you can use the โ€œshow_ifโ€ condition for that view to block a user from seeing the view FROM MENU or Bottom Header.

However further testing showed that if you call this view A through an action type of โ€œGo to a viewโ€

from another view B,

the view A

is visible through action button to an user even if the user is blocked for that

view A from โ€œshow_ifโ€

condition of view.

Hope this helps.

Hi @Fer_Calvano, You may wish to try the following

In the Ventas column ,please use words like โ€œAllowโ€ or โ€œIn Teamโ€ when you wish to allow the View to be seen by user and say โ€œDisallowโ€

or "Out Team"when you do not wish the user to see the view.

Please modify the expression accordingly, LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), 02_USERS.XLSX, UserEmail, Ventas) = โ€œAllowโ€ or

LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), 02_USERS.XLSX, UserEmail, Ventas) = โ€œIn Teamโ€

The above expression will allow the user to see the views when Ventas column is โ€œAllowโ€ or"In Team" against their names.

Hope this helps.

Just I need a clarification about each term in the expression, and then what is the action accordingly if it added on show if part of the UX

LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), 02_USERS.XLSX, UserEmail, Ventas) = โ€œIn Teamโ€

Thanks Steve, but in particular I need explanation for the elements in this expression above and what it will do

The doc explains what theyโ€™re for.

Top Labels in this Space