Hi! I've created an audit form that populates...

Hi! Iโ€™ve created an audit form that populates options conditionally based on each step of the audit form.

The person auditing

selects first his/her name, the hour range to audit, and the the places (unique key). Is there a way to mark (e.g. change color of font) or hide the option ( unique key) when it has been audited?

0 11 379
11 REPLIES 11

You could hide the option using a Show_If expression for each column. The Show_If expression is reevaluated each time a form column is modified, so will respond as the user makes changes.

Thanks for your answer!

Iโ€™ve tried that in the column that references the key but that hides the column and I want to hide only some options (rows with keys that have already been used) in that column.

I managed to highlight the used key options by applying this format rule to

the table being referenced (origin of data): ISNOTBLANK([Related Table with form where audit collects answers [unique key

in table with origin of data]] )

I think the answer to hiding the options is close to the formating one, but I canโ€™t figure out where to apply it.

+Steve Coile Please help me figure out a way to hide the computed key that have already been used from the options in the form

Iโ€™m trying to understand the structure of your data. It sounds to me like you have either: (1) a row with several columns, each column allowing the selection of options; or (2) multiple rows, each allowing the selection of a single option. In either case, you want later columns to limit option choices to options that have not already been chosen in previous columns/rows. Are either of these accurate?

If (1)โ€ฆ

Assuming the options are stored in the Options table, and the columns to receive the option choices are [Option 1] and [Option 2]โ€ฆ

You could set the Valid_If for [Option 1] to =filter(Options, true) , allowing the user to choose any option; then set Valid_If for [Option 2] to =filter(Options, true) - list([Option 1]), allowing the user to select any option except the one in [Option 1].

Iโ€™m sorry if I wasnโ€™t as descriptive as needed. This is the scenario: One of the tables is read only (origin of data) and one is the form table. I use a sequence of dependent references (I hope Iโ€™m wording this correctly) to step by step filter through the options in the origin table. i.e.: Auditors select their name first (formula: Valid_if Origin of data [Name of Auditor]), then โ€œhour to auditโ€ column is shown (formula: Valid_if Origin of data [Starting time]) and so on until we get to the column that holds the key values (formula: Valid_if Origin of data [_ComputedKey]). This is a Ref column that points to a Slice from teh Origin of Data Table. After that, some additional data is automatically filled in. I think the method of substracting in the Valid_if section would work if I knew what to substract from โ€œOrigin of data [_ComputedKey]โ€ since i donโ€™t have a YES/NO field. Thanks again for that quick answet

@Jorge_Peniche is the [_ComputedKey] column value in fact computed (constructed automatically from other column values)?

The point being, if [_ComputedKey] is constructed from values youโ€™ve now collected in your form, you could construct the reference rather than asking the user to select it from a list.

+Steve Coile It is. I used this formula: CONCATENATE([Salรณn]," , ",[NRC])

I didnโ€™t want to build the answer around that because even when in the Form table it generates the expected string (e.g. โ€œAULA 1224 , 50002โ€), it generates a string formated differently in the Related column on the Origin Table (e.g. 04/05/2018 10:53:15) I donโ€™t know if this is relevant.

I did try this formula that uses the construction of the Computed Key: Valid_if Origin of data [_ComputedKey] - CONCATENATE([Salรณn]," , ",[NRC])

but the Expression Builder returned that the Arithmetic expression has inputs of an invalid type

+Steve Coile I ask auditors to select from a Computed Key

because after selecting multiple filters to there are still several unique rows to select from and I constructed the unique key with data that is relevant for them to decide which one to audit.

@Jorge_Peniche Okay. What can I do to help further?

Top Labels in this Space