Hi! I've created an audit form that populates...

Hi! I’ve created an audit form that populates options conditionally based on each step of the audit form.

The person auditing

selects first his/her name, the hour range to audit, and the the places (unique key). Is there a way to mark (e.g. change color of font) or hide the option ( unique key) when it has been audited?

0 11 377
11 REPLIES 11

You could hide the option using a Show_If expression for each column. The Show_If expression is reevaluated each time a form column is modified, so will respond as the user makes changes.

Thanks for your answer!

I’ve tried that in the column that references the key but that hides the column and I want to hide only some options (rows with keys that have already been used) in that column.

I managed to highlight the used key options by applying this format rule to

the table being referenced (origin of data): ISNOTBLANK([Related Table with form where audit collects answers [unique key

in table with origin of data]] )

I think the answer to hiding the options is close to the formating one, but I can’t figure out where to apply it.

+Steve Coile Please help me figure out a way to hide the computed key that have already been used from the options in the form

I’m trying to understand the structure of your data. It sounds to me like you have either: (1) a row with several columns, each column allowing the selection of options; or (2) multiple rows, each allowing the selection of a single option. In either case, you want later columns to limit option choices to options that have not already been chosen in previous columns/rows. Are either of these accurate?

If (1)…

Assuming the options are stored in the Options table, and the columns to receive the option choices are [Option 1] and [Option 2]…

You could set the Valid_If for [Option 1] to =filter(Options, true) , allowing the user to choose any option; then set Valid_If for [Option 2] to =filter(Options, true) - list([Option 1]), allowing the user to select any option except the one in [Option 1].

I’m sorry if I wasn’t as descriptive as needed. This is the scenario: One of the tables is read only (origin of data) and one is the form table. I use a sequence of dependent references (I hope I’m wording this correctly) to step by step filter through the options in the origin table. i.e.: Auditors select their name first (formula: Valid_if Origin of data [Name of Auditor]), then “hour to audit” column is shown (formula: Valid_if Origin of data [Starting time]) and so on until we get to the column that holds the key values (formula: Valid_if Origin of data [_ComputedKey]). This is a Ref column that points to a Slice from teh Origin of Data Table. After that, some additional data is automatically filled in. I think the method of substracting in the Valid_if section would work if I knew what to substract from “Origin of data [_ComputedKey]” since i don’t have a YES/NO field. Thanks again for that quick answet

@Jorge_Peniche is the [_ComputedKey] column value in fact computed (constructed automatically from other column values)?

The point being, if [_ComputedKey] is constructed from values you’ve now collected in your form, you could construct the reference rather than asking the user to select it from a list.

+Steve Coile It is. I used this formula: CONCATENATE([Salón]," , ",[NRC])

I didn’t want to build the answer around that because even when in the Form table it generates the expected string (e.g. “AULA 1224 , 50002”), it generates a string formated differently in the Related column on the Origin Table (e.g. 04/05/2018 10:53:15) I don’t know if this is relevant.

I did try this formula that uses the construction of the Computed Key: Valid_if Origin of data [_ComputedKey] - CONCATENATE([Salón]," , ",[NRC])

but the Expression Builder returned that the Arithmetic expression has inputs of an invalid type

+Steve Coile I ask auditors to select from a Computed Key

because after selecting multiple filters to there are still several unique rows to select from and I constructed the unique key with data that is relevant for them to decide which one to audit.

@Jorge_Peniche Okay. What can I do to help further?

Top Labels in this Space