Hi all I would like to change the name that ...

Hi all

I would like to change the name that appears at the top of the form UI so that it says โ€œEdit Customerโ€ if itโ€™s editing, but โ€œNew Customerโ€ if itโ€™s creating a new customer.

There is a place to change the name of the form UI and it looks like a formula could be entered. Anyone have an idea of what formula would work here please?

0 4 356
4 REPLIES 4

Iโ€™m afraid you canโ€™t change the view name with the option โ€œDisplay nameโ€ as you requested in a form view. You can do that with a Show field with an expression likeโ€ฆ IF(IN([KeyColumn],TableName[KeyColumn]),โ€œEdit Customerโ€,โ€œNew Customerโ€)

As you say, the form view doesnโ€™t recognise any of the columns, unlike other views like the detail view.

With your suggestion, does this mean that it will appear as a column of data that can be positioned at the top of the form like a title?

The problem with this is Iโ€™ve set the app to show the view names at in the app top bar, so this wouldnโ€™t quite work. I guess thereโ€™s no other workaround?

Thatโ€™s correct and at this moment there is no workaround, as far as I have tested.

Thank you@Aleksi_Alkio , appreciate your help as always

Top Labels in this Space